TRUST FOR SOCIAL ACHIEVEMENT FOUNDATION (ТSА) is dedicated to helping people reach their full potential. They work to create opportunities for disadvantaged groups, with a focus on the Roma, 72% of whom currently live below the poverty line.
TSA are a grant-making, nongovernmental organization dedicated to reducing poverty and decreasing achievement gaps. Toward this end, they support activities in four program areas: First Foundations, Early Learning and Care, Educational Achievement, and Family Economic Success.
As a pioneer and an incubator for new approaches and ideas, TSA tests how best to tackle deeply rooted achievement gaps. Achieving scale and sustainability will take time and cooperation. This is why TSA values partnership and the creation of networks and coalitions of like-minded allies.
Their motto is “Together, we can make a difference!”
TSA provides financial support to NGOs working with vulnerable groups in the country.
ТSА supports WWO Bulgaria to impement:
- The Quality Education for Equal Start project aimed at initiating and developing local practices based on the European Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care. The project is worth BGN 43,857 and was implemented between February 2019 – December 2020.
- The Play to Have Chances project aimed at supporting the early childhood learning of children from vulnerable communities through the development of play-based programs in kindergartens and community centers in small villages. The project is worth BGN 38,000 and was implemented between September 2019 – December 2020.
International Women’s Club Sofia (IWCS) is a non-governmental organization supporting newcomers to the country for better knowledge and understanding of Bulgaria.
Through its foundation, the IWCS supports the development of local groups and NGOs to effectively meet the needs of the most vulnerable groups – women’s issues, elderly people, children without parental care, people with disabilities, ethnic minorities. https://iwc-sofia.org/
IWCS supports WWO Bulgaria to implement:
- The Growing by Playing project aimed at the early childhood learning through play of children from refugee families. The project is worth BGN 4989. 82 was implemented between April 2018 – September 2019.
- The Learning Together project aimed at the social integration of refugee families through educational and social programs for children and parents. The project is worth BGN 5,000 and was implemented between June 2019 – December 2019.
The Bulgarian Fund for Women (BFW) is a non-governmental organization with over ten years of experience in women’s issues, which provides active financial and methodological support for local projects and initiatives aimed at empowering vulnerable groups of women. https://bgfundforwomen.org/bg/
BFW supports WWO Bulgaria in the implementation of:
- My Lifestory Book project aims at supporting the integration and adaptation of refugee women with young children, oriented towards their professional and labor realization, by providing a Bulgarian language course. The project’s emphasis is on integrating their past experiences with the present. The project is worth BGN 2,000 and was implemented between October 2018 – December 2018.
The European Economic Area (EEA FM) Financial Mechanism 2009-2014, funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, supports EU Member States in Central and Eastern Europe and the Baltic States in order to reduce economic and social disparities and strengthen bilateral relations between the beneficiary countries and the donor countries.
In Bulgaria, the priority sectors are environmental protection, renewable energy sources, restoration of cultural and natural heritage, public health initiatives, children and youth at risk, innovations for green industry, justice, and home affairs.
Within the framework of the EEA FM program for the period 2009 – 2014, through the operator for Bulgaria, the Workshop for Civic Initiatives Foundation, WWO Bulgaria received support for the implementation of:
- The Mobile Toy Library project, which supports the early development and learning of children from vulnerable communities living in remote areas in the Targovishte region. The project is worth 19,017 EUR, and was implemented between November 2014 – October 2015.
Within the на EIA FM 2014–2021, the Active Citizens Fund program (Active Citizens Fund) part of priority sector „Culture, civil society and basic rights and freedoms“, one of the five priority sectors, agreed between the donors and the European Union. The Fund aims at „strengthened civil society, active citizens and empowered vulnerable groups“ and supports the long-term sustainability and capacity of the civil sector, strenthening its role in encouraging на democratic participation, active citizenship and human rights.
Active Citizens Fund supports WWO Bulgaria for the implementation of:
- Steps for Sustainable Development project, aiming at да надгради капацитета на ФДРС и организациите членове на мрежата на простраствата за учене по програмата Елементът Игра® за устойчиво развитие чрез конкретни дейности свързани с изграждане на умения за фондонабиране, ефективна комуникация и мониторинг. Проектът е на стойност от 10 000 евро, с период на изпълнение октомври, 2020 г. – октомври, 2021 г.
- проект “Сигурен рестарт в условията на пандемия”, който цели да подкрепи ФДРС и организациите членове на мрежата на простраствата за учене по програмата Елементът Игра® да развият своите политики и процедури свъзрани с работата в условията на пандемия, както и да се създаде и приложи програма за развиване на социални умения у млади родители от уязвими общности. Проектът е на стойност от 10 000 евро, с период на изпълнение февруари, 2021 г. – февруари, 2022 г.